If you’re bothered by crepey, wrinkled skin on the décolleté— your lower neckline— a series of Sculptra filler treatments can be an effective, non-invasive solution. This dermal filler is renowned for providing dramatic improvements in both skin quality and volume restoration, and it’s a favorite cosmetic treatment here at Dallas Dermatology Partners.
Though often on display, the skin on the décolletage is regularly overlooked in our daily beauty routines. Fine lines and deep wrinkles can develop quickly on this area of thin, delicate skin as the effects of time and gravity take their toll. Creases and lines on the upper chest are fairly common among women, especially those who are habitual side sleepers.
Let’s discuss other common contributors to causing chest wrinkles and what you can do to rejuvenate and restore your skin.
What Factors Cause Chest Wrinkles?
The two vital proteins that keep the skin supple, elastic, and smooth – collagen and elastin – gradually diminish with the natural aging process. This loss of internal structural support is compounded by UV exposure that further triggers collagen breakdown.
These are the common factors that can cause premature wrinkles and creases on the chest and cleavage:
- Dehydration – a chronic lack of moisture (both internally and externally) is a major culprit. Be sure to stay hydrated and apply an antioxidant-rich moisturizer to your chest and neck 2X daily.
- UV damage – A broad spectrum SPF 30+ sunscreen can help ward off free radical damage caused by repeated sun exposure.
- Sleeping position – women with larger busts who sleep on their sides are more prone to developing visible lines and creases on their chest.
- Ill-fitting bras or shapewear – an unsupportive or badly fitting bra that pushes your cleavage too tightly can create wrinkles over time.
How Does Sculptra Work?
Sculptra is made of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) – a sugar molecule that stimulates collagen production. This biodegradable filler is a superior choice for chest rejuvenation, as it replenishes volume while restoring the skin’s structural framework. The injections strengthen the underlying foundation of the skin, and once the revitalizing effects take hold – they can last for up to 24 months.
For best results, most patients will benefit from a series of 2 or 3 Sculptra treatments spaced one month apart. Since collagen synthesis takes time, the final results won’t be evident for at least six months.
Benefits of Sculptra for Skin Rejuvenation
There are several benefits to choosing Sculptra for chest and décolletage rejuvenation, including:
- Non-invasive procedure with no downtime
- Restores the body’s own collagen
- Wrinkles and fine lines are greatly diminished
- Replenishes lost volume and structural support
- Helps to prevent future wrinkles
- Beautiful results that can last up to 2 years
Sculptra Chest Rejuvenation in Dallas
Ready to say goodbye to chest and cleavage wrinkles and kickstart the rejuvenation process? Our board-certified dermatologists are leaders in dermal filler procedures that deliver natural and long-lasting results. Give our office a call at (214) 480-4816, or contact us online to begin your skincare journey.
For more information on how Sculptra injections can address the effects of aging and sun damage on the chest and décolletage, we invite you to schedule an appointment with Dallas Dermatology Partners today.