Winter is an ideal time to rejuvenate and refresh your skin with the help of Dallas Dermatology Partners. Whether you’re dealing with areas of post-summer hyperpigmentation or want to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, winter is the perfect time for cosmetic treatments. Many of these procedures require avoiding direct UV exposure, which can hamper healing or undermine the results.
With the holidays just around the corner and the days getting shorter and cooler, now is the time to consider these minimally invasive cosmetic procedures.
Top Winter Cosmetic Procedures
- Chemical Peels – can make you more prone to sunburn and hyperpigmentation, which is why these treatments are ideal during winter. There are different types and strengths of chemical peels that can address common concerns such as melasma, sun spots, freckles, rough texture, uneven skin tone, and acne scars. Your objectives and skin type will dictate the potency and types of actives used.
- Laser Resurfacing – works wonders for triggering the body’s collagen production but leaves the skin vulnerable to UV radiation that can hamper healing. That’s why October through March is a smart time to schedule this anti-aging treatment. We offer non-ablative fractional laser treatments that improve the appearance of discoloration, fine lines, shallow acne scars, and textural irregularities.
- Microdermabrasion – can produce radiant, glowing skin with no downtime, but this professional exfoliation is better suited for cooler months when the sun’s rays are not as intense. This is because the stratum corneum– the skin’s outermost layer– is gently removed. Using the patented DiamondGlow™ device, our microdermabrasion procedure infuses nourishing, medical-grade products into the skin to help improve firmness, tone, and clarity.
- Microneedling – induces the skin’s self-repair mechanism and is useful for promoting smoother, more luminous, and youthful-looking skin. With repeated treatments, you can expect dramatic results in improving skin laxity, acne scars, and bumpy texture. Winter is the perfect time for this procedure since prolonged sun exposure after microneedling can cause hyper or hypopigmentation.
- BBL Photofacial – is the gold standard for treating sun-damaged skin, so it makes sense to have it done when more time is spent indoors and bundled up. Moreover, sun exposure after an IPL photofacial can increase the risk of hyperpigmentation, scarring, and other adverse results. This lunch-hour treatment uses intense pulsed light to improve skin discoloration, vascular redness, and wrinkles.
- Genius RF Microneedling – another non-invasive modality for skin rejuvenation in the fall, Genius microneedling has the added benefit of radiofrequency energy (RF) that is delivered at precise depths. The advantage of this cutting-edge technology lies in the long-term skin tightening effects. Like traditional microneedling, this treatment stimulates both collagen and elastin production to help address skin laxity. It can also improve the appearance of superficial acne scars, pore size, and fine lines. The super fine needles are coated for patient comfort and minimal trauma to the skin, which typically heals in 3-5 days.
- Laser Hair Removal – is most effective on fair, untanned skin. It is a safe and long-term solution for removing hair or thinning the growth of unwanted hair on the face, legs, arms, and bikini area. Because sun protection is crucial to achieving optimal results, this is an excellent winter cosmetic procedure.
- Sclerotherapy – Bothered by red veins on your legs? With sclerotherapy, a saline solution is injected into the spider veins, which eventually collapse and disappear. Since compression garments are mandatory for a week after the treatment, it’s best to schedule this during cooler weather.
Refresh Your Skin this Winter
Interested in cosmetic treatments that may cause photosensitivity? Now is the time to get to work on refreshing your appearance. Get started by booking your Dallas dermatology appointment today.